Thursday, April 28, 2011

THE PARADISE OF HAWAII




As I sit at my desk in the Pacific Northwest with cloudy skies and still on the chilly side in late April, visions of palm trees, sandy beaches, and the mesmerizing beauty of the ocean dance in my head.

My wife and I are avid travelers to Hawaii, loving everything about it from the breathtaking scenery to the mouth watering food to the tropical drinks to the myriad activities to the friendly natives. Definitely the type of place we could easily see as our final destination before the sun sets on our precious time left.

But while we plan for the future and deal with the day to day realities of the present, as a novelist, I am able to take us and my readers to Hawaii through my mind's eye and creative juices. This year, I have two novel's out that take place in Maui, easily our favorite destination among the islands, though the others certainly have their charms.

MURDER IN MAUI: A Leila Kahana Mystery is currently a highly acclaimed bestselling medical mystery eBook that I had fun writing and researching in developing a great plot and travelogue singing the praises of Maui.

And coming out in June is my contemporary romance from Harlequin, PLEASURE IN HAWAII. It allowed me to look at Maui from a different perspective in showing its romance side for any lovers to appreciate. This novel is the first of a Hawaiian series titled, PASSIONS IN PARADISE.

The second book in series, PRIVATE LUAU, takes place in Honolulu and comes out in December. I love Honolulu and other parts of Oahu and enjoyed some firsthand research in exploring its many wonders.

Until my wife and I can one day settle into a nice beachfront property in Hawaii, sipping Mai Tais and admiring the ocean, nice to know we can still dream about paradise and share the dream through my fiction, while getting paid to do so.

If you could live anywhere in the world, with money no object, where would it be?

Where do you call paradise?

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. I call my home paradise, or prety darn close to it.

Liane Spicer said...

My home is a Caribbean island so I already live in paradise. Since we humans are never satisfied, however, I'd like to live in British Columbia, Canada, as well as Tuscany, Italy. Nothing wrong with having several homes, is there?