That brings me to the writing bucket list, regarding which I'm even more list-less.
- I'm writing in all the genres I want to, and publishing in most.
- I've had one novel and one short story traditionally published, and I've indie published twelve titles in four genres.
- I've won one writing prize, been shortlisted for another, and would like to win an influential literary prize some day, but it's not a consuming passion and I'd be just as happy if I didn't.
- I've gone from someone who wrote as if my life depended on it to a blocked author who did not write much, and back again to a disciplined and dedicated scribbler.
- I have in my possession complete drafts, partially written ones and scores of ideas/outlines for others, so I'm in no danger of running out of ideas for stories.
Alarmed by my list-lessness, I decided to come up with a writing bucket list by hook or crook. Everyone else has one, it seems! So I strained my poor brian and finally came up with three items. Here they are, in no particular order, and no, I wasn't drunk when I wrote them.
1. Earn enough at this writing job to support myself comfortably.
2. Earn enough at this writing job to support myself comfortably.
3. Earn enough at this writing job to support myself comfortably.
There we have it. My entire writing bucket list. Simple, innit?