Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The E-book Possibilities!

It still amazes me when I read articles regarding the soaring growth in e-book sales (up 116% in January), and drop in p-book sales. Also, the success stories of my fellow authors are encouraging and jaw dropping. I received my Southern Review email recently (link below) and the posts, particularly #'s 16-19, about $10k per month sales, and sales of 27k books in one month are amazing. I wanted to share the link so you could check them out for yourselves.

In addition there's a post about how men get more attention from reviewers than women - not so inspiring, for me anyway, lol - what's up with that? Enjoy!

http://anvilpub.net/southern_review_of_books.htm

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I sure would like to cut off a slice of that ebook pie.

Liane Spicer said...

I also find it utterly amazing, not being enamored of e-books myself.

Not surprised that men and women writers aren't treated equally by reviewers. I mentioned somewhere back in a post on the Orange Prize that women are still hugely underrepresented among awardees of book prizes. I'm not surprised that the same imbalance exists with regard to reviews.

I suppose women can console themselves with sales figures: books written by and for women outsell the competition by huge margins.