Tuesday, December 27, 2011

e-Gift Giving


It's that time of year when lives are busy and time for updating blogs is short. I have to complete all the things that I planned to do in 2011! No, seriously, I am heading out on a trip to the Western Region of Ghana and very excited about it so please forgive me for this short and not particularly insightful posting.

This Christmas, I gave my husband and father books for their presents; not physical books this time around, but eBooks. Now, keep in mind that I am a major proponent of this development in the realm of reading. I have released my three children's books as eBooks and purchased Kindles for my children. I must say, however, that it felt a bit odd to give an eBook as a present ...convenient (I chose my husband's books in the wee hours of Christmas morning) ... but I missed watching him open the present and flip through the pages to preview his new novel.

I imagine that by next year I will be an old hand at this and presenting eBooks to everyone on my list!

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I have yet to buy an ebook for anyone. I did get someone an ereader. It is something to look at for next year for me.

Russell said...

Stop by and wish Johanna a Happy Birthday on Tuesday, December 27!

Liane Spicer said...

I haven't given e-books as gifts and don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon, except maybe to distant friends. My nearest and dearest all get too much pleasure from receiving and unwrapping physical gifts.

The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy said...

I also think I'll be giving physical books as gifts for some time yet. Have a wonderful time in Ghana! I used to live in Accra and I loved driving up to the north and into Burkina. So much to see, gosh I miss it! Best wishes, cat

Jewel Amethyst said...

I've never bought an e-book as a present. I don't know if I will. I get more pleasure seeing people open physical gifts, even if that gift is a book.