Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas wish list


It’s Christmas day again. Another year that flew by. It’s a time of traditions, myths and gift giving. In my family, we’re still trying to forge a tradition which incorporates my husband’s and my culture and that of the country wherein we live.

For my kids, though, it seems to be all about the presents. My eight year old, of course, had a long wish list that grew longer with each passing day. My three year old just wanted a present and my two year old had no idea what was happening besides seeing pretty lights.

My husband, my ever unchanging sweetheart, did exactly as he’d done for the many years we’d been together. He waited until the day before Christmas Eve to ask me what I wanted for Christmas. I thought about it long and hard, because what I want, he probably cannot give me. So here are five things that topped my Christmas wish list:

1. Good health
2. Increased sales on my existing books
3. A day job
4. A publisher for my children’s book series
5. A good contract with a major publishing house.

Of course since my husband can give me none of the things on my wish list I just told him to surprise me.

What’s on your Christmas wish list?

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Your first two are on my list as well. Merry Christmas. Hope you get 'em.

Jewel Amethyst said...

Thanks and do have a merry Christmas and a bright and prosperous new year.

The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy said...

Hi Jewel,
My list is pretty similar to yours. I'm not expecting gifts as my kids have all grown out of it and my ex has other people in mind! I agree that Good Health is always number one. I'd also add:
Harmony in the Household
Good Reviews for my Debut Novel
Good Reviews for my Short Story Collection
Some More Translation Work

Hope all goes well for you Jewel in 2012. Best wishes, cat

Jewel Amethyst said...

Your additions sound really good Cat. Harmony in household is always a part of my wish list. I do hope you get good reviews for your debut novel and lots and lots of sales.

Liane Spicer said...

Heh, heh. We writers tend to have similar lists, don't we?

Hope your husband came up with something special. This gift-giving thing is so hard for most of them, poor guys.