Thursday, March 11, 2010

Welcome to Caribbean Literary Salon

In my last post I promised to highlight three more Caribbean writers, but I'll save that for the next time around. Instead, I'd like to welcome a brand new community, Caribbean Literary Salon, to the literary cyberverse.

Anouska Kock, who hails from Aruba, launched the site on March 1st. CLS welcomes all Caribbean readers and writers, as well as
anyone who enjoys the work of Caribbean writers.

There are two versions of the magazine: the English-language and the Dutch version. Highlights include:


* Interviews with writers
* Readings
* New books
* Articles
* Discussions
* Events
* News
* Photos
* Videos
* Book groups
* Profile pages for members
* Community guidelines
* FAQs
* Bookstore
* Reviews
* Links to related sites (English and Dutch)

I've been honoured to have Caribbean Literary Salon feature an interview with me in its inaugural issue. Take a look around, and join the community if you're that way inclined. Members even get their own profile page. But don't take my word for it - go see for yourself!


4 comments:

Jewel Amethyst said...

Thanks Liane for this post. I visited and joined the site. I love the interview you did there.

Liane Spicer said...

Wonderful, Jewel! It's great to find a place where readers and writers of Caribbean literature can co-mingle and share their reads. I've been exploring the site and really liking what I see.

I enjoyed doing that interview too!

Lynn Emery said...

Thanks for introducing me to the site, Liane. Loved your interview.
Now I have more books to feed my addiction. One day I'm going to come home and find the walls have blown out and all my books will be in my yard LOL

I bookmarked the site.

Liane Spicer said...

Lynn, you're welcome!

I believe my house is going to suffer the same fate as yours: old books, new books, the TBR pile, then there's my scary wish list... I need to start frequenting the library once more because I'm flat out of space.