· You want to be famous
· You want to be rich
· Your mother has always said you’re a great writer
· You only know twenty people who will buy and you’re never going to promote or market your work
· You wish to share your life story with all family members
· You have a huge mailing list of followers begging for your story
· You’ve done something for which you are well known
· Your story is humorous, educational and adventuresome
For one of the best examples of memoirs by a person virtually unknown but with an amazing story to tell are My Life With a Wounded Warrior and Clueless Gringos in Paradise by Pamela Foster. Here’s a link to her page. http://www.amazon.com/Pamela-Foster/e/B006NAX5MG/ If you seriously want to write your memoirs, then you owe it to yourself to read these two books. I was not paid for this recommendation.
If you are now writing your memoirs or seriously contemplating doing so, why not comment. I’d be interested in hearing your plans.