Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Guest Author: Alexis J. - Just a Girl Who Loves to Write


Today's blog post is short, as I'm enjoying my summer, spending priceless hours with a special, gifted, amazing young author named Alexis J., who just happens to be my granddaughter! By the way, she wrote her first book when she was only 3. It was called, My Purse. How cute! Anyway, she just showed me a little piece that she wrote on her iPod, and I thought I'd share. She inspires me, reminds me, moves me, and serves as constant evidence that when God decides to instill passion in our spirits, nothing can bridle it - no matter what age we are. Do what you love, and your works shall be done. Enjoy! 

"Just a girl who loves to write
Exploring the world's my soul
I've got a really long bucket list
But that's the curse you get when it's told
That writing gives me passion
An outlet to get away
I'm sorry that I'm going
With the rhyming cliché...
But hey
That's the life I choose when I pay the price
To write
To be an author
And show the world light."
by Alexis J., author of Bailey and the Bully



3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm liking it!

Liane Spicer said...

Welcome to Novel Spaces, Alexis. Congratulations on following your writing passion!

Jewel Amethyst said...

Lovely poem. I love it when young people explore their passion for writing and have the courage and/or the encouragement to publish it.

So to Alexis J., I say, "Write on!"