Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Deadline Detox

Last week I shipped a 3lb 6oz manuscript off to my editor.

Unfortunately, the non-stop candy and potato chips I ate while writing it has left me with fourteen extra pounds of ass.

Yeah, I do remember all that blah, blah, blah I wrote about healthy eating a few months ago, but have you ever tried eating an apple when your muse is calling for a Hershey with almonds?

Fourteen pounds doesn’t sound like a lot. However, on me it’s two whole dress sizes - as in goodbye 10s, hello 14s. Yowza!

It’s time for me to get reacquainted with the with the gym.

So while I’m huffing and puffing away on the treadmill, tell me, how do you get back to normal after deadline?

3 comments:

Katrina Spencer said...

Funny, when I have a deadline the last thing I want to do is eat. I push food to the back of my mind until I get things done. Then I use food to congratulate myself on a job well done.

Alexis J. said...

I try to stay away from my computer for a day or so (try) and then do something I've neglected, like get a mani-pedi, take a weekend trip, or spend time w/the grandkids. Oh yes, and a few sips of champagne. :-) Congrats, Phyllis!!!

Liane Spicer said...

Normal? What's that again? :(

Congrats on sending that baby off!