Friday, October 30, 2009

October release

Happy Friday,

It's October and my next release I Can Make You Love Me hit the shelves on the first. I Can Make You Love Me is the second installment in the Gautier's series. The Way You Aren't is the first and the third installment Where Love Begins will be release October 2010.

I focused the book on Detroit automotive industry and my characters continue from one book to the next. The story involves an older woman/younger man relationship. The heroine was the hero's babysitter before she went off to college and met her husband.

Recently, I was discussing the story idea and concept to the nursing staff at my doctor's office. I mentioned the idea of the heroine being thirteen years older than the hero and that the heroine at one point was the hero's babysitter. One of the nurse's stopped and pointed a finger at me. She immediately responded, "My uncle did that." Surprised, I stared at her shocked to find out that this situation was not uncommon.

This is where you come in. Go to my website and read the excerpt and then email me. Let me know your thoughts on the concept. I'd love to hear from you.

Remember, don't be a stranger.

Karen

6 comments:

Jewel Amethyst said...

congratulations!!! I know it must indeed be a happy day for you

Unknown said...

Thank you. I'd like to think that my stories entertain people.

Karen

Alexis J. said...

Great idea, Karen! I think the older woman/younger man connection happens much more often than we speak of. And someone old enough to have been a babysitter is quite possible. Love the excerpt and I know it will garner much attention. I wish you all the best - great going. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Marissa,

I believe we have more older women/younger men relationships then people think. After all most people young and old don't look their age. So who would know except the people involved.

Karen

Liane Spicer said...

Congratulations on your release, Karen!

I happen to be a fan of older woman/younger man relationships, since I sort of bend that way. (TMI alert!) The man I married was three years younger and that pattern seems to be holding true for my subsequent relationships. I don't think it's at all unusual: my brother-in-law is several years younger than my sister, and I have friends and acquaintances who fit the pattern. Once the age difference isn't dramatic I don't think people notice or care much.

st kitts economic citizenship said...

Hello,
A citizen of the Federation enjoys privileges while staying or working in any of the Caribbean Community15 member-countries and privileges are extended by the United Kingdom to you while traveling in Great Britain as a citizen of a member of the British Commonwealth of Nations.