Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of Year




I must admit that I just love this time of year when the festive mood is in the air with a string of holidays to get through.

I think it goes without saying, but will say anyway, that this has been a tough year in the United States (and elsewhere in world) for many people with high unemployment, foreclosures, civil unrest, repeated threats of domestic and international terrorism, and general despair.

But, in the season of cheers, giving, turkey dinners, Santa Claus, and the promise that every New Year's brings, there is always reason to be optimistic at this time of year as we look ahead.

As a writer, I have had a mostly positive year with various books published in print, eBook, audio, hardcover, and paperback. I have also been fortunate enough to make a living at what I do, though still waiting for my ship stocked with gold to roll into port.

But with the wind at my back and 2012 over the horizon, I am pushing full steam ahead and looking forward to tacking whatever the New Year brings my way. I believe most others fill the same way. Especially at this time of year when hope truly does spring eternal and there's laughter and song in the air; and snowflakes and colored lights dotting and decorating our homes and neighborhoods; and lots of food and gifts to tend to.

Indeed, if one looks hard enough, soon you just might see some reindeers up in the sky, peppered with bright stars, streaking across and reminding us that is really is the most wonderful time of the year...

Are you in the holiday spirit?

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I probably won't be until I get to the Thanksgiving break, which fortunately isn't far off. After that I'll be thinking of the holidays.

Liane Spicer said...

No. Just call me Scrooge.

G. B. Miller said...

I think not.

They're already playing Christmas music at one of the stores I visit on a weekly basis.

Jewel Amethyst said...

Thanks Devon. I needed that imagery as a picker-upper. I love the hope and optimism of Christmas and the New Year. It is just all too easy to get bogged down with the details (gifts for kids, and nephews and nieces and numerous siblings; decorating, cooking...) Come to think of it, it was so much more fun when I was a child.