Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clean Eating

Middle-age is kicking my behind, which is getting bigger everyday. Long, sedentary hours at the computer haven't helped.

So in addition to bigger jeans, I picked up Tosca Reno’s “Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way” on my last trip to Target.



The same day, I discovered (through Twitter) author Marie-Claude Bourque was incorporating clean eating into her diet. Though we’ve never met in person, M-C and I frequently hang out together on bookshelves.



M-C keeps track of her clean eating days on her fabulous blog, which I’ve been haunting all week for meal ideas.

Here are some examples on how my diet has changed this past week:

Low-fat string cheese and almonds instead of potato chips

Cereal with skim milk instead of my usual Starbucks butter croissant

Grilled fish and salad as my restaurant entrée instead of anything goes.

Hopefully making smarter choices will make me both a better writer and get me back into my skinny jeans.

This my last post as a regular Novel Spaces blogger. (Though I hope to be invited back as a guest.) So visit me at www.phyllisbourne.com, where I’ll update you on my progress.

Meanwhile, I wish you all good writing days and lots of contracts!

Phyllis

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Just a few wiser choices would do us all well, I imagine. I don't know why it's so hard to do. The easy choices seem to be the bad ones.

Marie-Claude Bourque said...

Hi Phyllis,
WTG for making a public commitment to clean eating! When we actually do meet at a conference, we shall both be not only a few inches trimmer but also glowing with health and energy!
Keep it up!
Marie-Claude

Liane Spicer said...

Best wishes back at ya, Phyllis. We'd love to have you back as a guest; just drop me an e-mail and it's done.